Monday, June 28, 2010

Hydrangeas


Hello everyone!  I hope you had a nice weekend.  I spent part of it finishing up a week's worth of work in my front yard.  I weeded, moved plants, potted plants, and planted a few new things, including this hydrangea.  I have been wanting one for years and after ripping out a floppy holly bush, I had just the place for it.  It is fairly small still - it looks quite disproportionate right now in the flower bed - but even now it is laden with pretty purple blooms that remind me of the first house I ever lived in.  One side of the yard was lined with hydrangeas and in the summer they attracted butterflies that I loved to watch.  I get this feeling of peace and nostalgia every time I see this new bush and I'm so excited for it to thrive.

6 comments:

  1. one of my favourite flowers. I've got some pink ones in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydrangeas remind me of New England coastal towns. (and my family beach house) I love them; and yours is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this flower... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the best is yet to come...
    I love these after they dry, one of my favourite models! ;)
    and then back next year to dazzle you...
    Wonderful creatures...them.
    Thanks for your nice comment about my brain! :D
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopped by to say I like the new look of your blog. :) The gray gradient in the background is oddly soothing, haha! I'm loving your Alaska stories as well..

    ReplyDelete