Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pronghorn Newborns


Not only is it the time of year for green grass in Wyoming, it is the time of year for the newest generation of pronghorn (antelope).  I see a large herd of pronghorn when I drive to Laramie, nearly every time, and this momma was surely from that same herd.  I pulled over the car and shot out of the window with my long lens for this photo, but I didn't realize just how young those babies were until I got home and looked at the images.  They are just born, and I feel bad for even pulling over if I made this mom nervous.  Clearly, she sees me.  And even though she wasn't far from the highway, this isn't a national park where the animals are used to the attention.  I feel I overstepped the boundaries on this photo, though I didn't realize I was doing it at the time.   I feel uncomfortable even sharing that with you all, but we do all make mistakes from time to time and have to learn from them. 

1 comment: