Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Day On Cooper River Reshoot


Thanks for your helpful comments the other day.  They encouraged me to reshoot my "I'm Not From Here" entry, and I am so glad I did.  I really did not like the light in the other shot, but I was trying to force the shoot to be in my studio where there just isn't enough good daylight.  So, I moved the whole operation down to the library and was immediately much happier with the results.  I also liked the little tendril of hair you could see in the old shot, but thought it wasn't enough so I let my hair down and I think it adds a bit of visual interest.  The previous pose was a bit stiff, as I was attempting to cup the remote in my hand while shooting.  I abandoned that idea, and started tossing it to the ground every shot so that I could have a more natural pose, and I like the bit of tenderness that cradling the book brings to the shot.  I can't wait to see the test print.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo. Self-portraits terrify me. Your is beautiful!

    This is really well done. I also think the exposure is much better this time.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is much better, a more confident pose than the last, and I really love the concept. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete