Friday, August 27, 2010

Heading Toward the Storm


As Bonnie and Henry and I were driving up to Guernsey State Park for our picnic, we pulled over to photograph the sky.  The boys swore it wasn't raining in Guernsey, but the terrain is so flat out here that we could see the storm even though it was miles away.  As it turns out, it began to rain just as we got to Guernsey, so we turned tail and headed back down south to Greyrocks where the sky was clear, but was still very windy.  So our picnic didn't work out, but at least we got some cool photos.  I'm still trying to decide which is my favorite.  I keep changing my mind.  What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. I love the first one and how you can see the cloud swirling above. But the last one is pretty darn awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking.
    The 3rd and last ones are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one is my favorite. Love the contrast of the grass in the light tan with the dark boiling sky. The texture contrasts are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first or the fourth are my favs...it's amazing how something so threatening can be so beautiful at the same time...good ole mother nature at her finest

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing. I think the one of the clouds paralleling the mountains is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the first and last one! They are all beautiful and capture the feeling of that moment, but the first and last have so much drama and feeling to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the reblog, Sky! You seem like a cool lady!

      Delete