Monday, August 9, 2010

Kayaking on the North Platte River


My husband and I spent yesterday kayaking a 10-mile stretch of the North Platte River, beginning in Guernsey.  We don't do this nearly often enough, but I think we both had such a nice time that we'll be doing it again soon. The river is quite high, but has come down enough that we could at least maneuver underneath the bridge at the beginning of our trip.  I am not nearly confident enough in my boating skills to take my Nikon, so we used my husband's little Canon PowerShot along the way.  It did a great job with the contrast and colors, I thought, as these images haven't been altered and I sure didn't have enough composure to fiddle with the settings.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun time! Being near the water is always so calming.

    ReplyDelete