Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nap Time


The water has been so high this year that the reservoirs have been exceeding their normal confines.  The result is that the sandy shores have been greatly reduced, and the campers and the grazing cows are sharing the same small strips of land around the edges.  Driving past Greyrocks Reservoir on the way home one day, I saw this big cow and a few others napping on the shore, just feet away from the campers. 


Thanks for the comments yesterday on my photo...I think I'm going to try retaking the shot today and see what else I get.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! this reminds me of a trip I took out to California... the night before we drove through Death Valley we camped out next to a herd of wild cows. (I set up camp on higher ground... juuuust incase!) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a follower of yr blog. Like yr photos and the story behind it. wishing you a very nice day

    ReplyDelete