Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rusty Old Ford


I know this old truck is rusty and beat up, and that some folks consider this to be an eyesore, but there is beauty in it, too.  Just because things aren't shiny and new doesn't mean they are worthless, or useless.  We live in a society that disposes of things far too easily, don't you think?  It may not get the mileage of a newer model, nor does it have a quiet cab, but having other people tell me it should be hauled away is a reflection of their values, not mine.  That, and, maybe I have a sentimental spot for this old Ford.  I drove it to high school for a while and loved every minute of it.  So, yes, clearly it hasn't moved in a while, but that's no reason to pick on it.  It is resting out its final years at my folks' house, and as long as it is kicking, I don't believe it will be going anywhere.

5 comments:

  1. Vickie, this comment is more for Bonnie than you, But, it kinda makes me think of the beat up truck (although I know it isn't that same model) that Bella has in Twilight. Very cool pics---I especially like the front views with the brown grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Joyce. I'd like to think I was as cool as Bella back in high school, with my beat-up red truck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like she's had some good mileage. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photos...and sooo wish I could have driven that to high school instead of white dodge caravan (I called it the Great White, though there was nothing "great" about it)...lol! Awesome your parents still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Victoria, I wanted to pop over and say hello and thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. These shots are lovely. I agree... beauty can be found everywhere, even in a beat-up old truck. Well done.

    ReplyDelete