Friday, August 13, 2010

Humbled Before Nature


On our recent trip to Alaska, on a day I had to myself, I had fun messing around, taking self-portraits.  With a backdrop like that, how could I not?  This is far from perfect as I didn't have my tripod with me, but I love it anyway.   Alaska has such monumental beauty that it is impossible not to feel humbled before it, and I think that is what I like most about this photo - it is of me, looking in awe at the landscape around me.  I did that every second that I was awake in Seward.

5 comments:

  1. I love this shot. The colour of your coat against the cool blues looks stunning.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that I like to log onto your blog because I get so much out of your photos. Humbled Before Nature is very touching. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very nice..Thanking you for sharing such wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dream of going to alaska... maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this might very well be one of my favorite Vicki works...the contrast is so bold, yet the landscape is so peaceful...just stunning!

    ReplyDelete