Monday, September 27, 2010

Best Of Summer


I know summer ended officially last week, but I was hanging on to it.  It is not that I don't like autumn, because I do, but it ushers in winter, my least favorite season.  Autumn here is so short, too - just a month, maybe a month and half before it begins to snow.  But, autumn is here whether I like it or not, so I wanted to wish summer a fond farewell, and to share my some of the best pictures I took this season.  It is hard to believe it was still spring when I went to Alaska, and it is hard to think that the apple images I took were technically during the summer.  I guess, like everything else, summer is really just a state of mind.

7 comments:

  1. I love your stuff. I wish I had the time, talent and surroundings that you do so that I could take such great photographs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the Exact same way as you. I don't really mind autumn, just what comes after it. I'm enjoying my "old" summer photos now too. boo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all of these together- very nice collection. Of course, my fave is the single tree amid so much water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am from buenos aires argentina
    and my surname is Bnnett like yours
    congratulations for that nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer is a state of mind....lovely.
    THe tree in the water is so in lack of words...amazing.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog: nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful way to sum up the summer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous collection of images! They all go so well together. Wow, 1 month of autumn is very short! We are lucky to get any snow at all where I live, so I guess we have a pretty long autumn and then a rainy winter ;)

    ReplyDelete