Friday, September 10, 2010

Travels Collection: Alaska

"Launching"

"Seward Mountains"

Of course my "Travels" collection couldn't be complete without some images from my visits to Alaska.  

"The Chiswell Islands"

"Rocky Coastline"

"The Living Shore"

"Lowell Point Shore"

"Deeper Into the Woods"

"Alaska Boat"

They are all from my most recent visit, except this last image.  I have been trying to move away from my old images, the ones I took with my Olympus OM1.  They have a softer quality to them, and I prefer the sharpness I get with my Nikon D80.  But I have looked at this photo of this boat many, many times and dreamt of returning to Seward, so I guess I have a soft spot for it.  I planned on photographing it again when I returned, but when I located it, I found it hadn't moved, and was bleached by the sun, and I thought it looked sad.  So, this old image stays. 

I know I sound like a broken record, but, today is the last day of new travel images.  You can see the whole collection at my Web site, and most are available as prints in my shop.  If you don't see what you are looking for, let me know and I can always make a custom listing for you. 

3 comments:

  1. I love "the living shore". Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Victoria =)

    my favorite photo is the first one <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Deeper into the Woods...something very enticing about it...a hint of danger, a hint of excitement, perhaps I'm reliving the story of Hansel and Gretel in my mind...the mood is just magical!

    ReplyDelete