Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Travels Collection: Elk and Raven

"Elk in Velvet"

The two prints I'm sharing today from my "Travels" collection are from Colorado.  I was so excited to get this elk shot - my best so far.  He's not a big guy, as far as the antlers go, but aren't they exquisite in velvet?  I'll never get over how beautiful they are in the early summer. 

"Pondering Raven"

I took this shot during my first close encounter with a raven.  I honestly didn't know they were such a large bird - as big as an eagle.  He sat still for just a moment before flying off into the misty woods.

You can see all my new "Travels" photographs on my Web site and most of them are available as prints in my shop.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful glimpse of nature!! I love how these guys posed for you...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete