Saturday, October 30, 2010

ETSY PLUG: GothiCrow


I confess I have been wanting to buy this print from GothiCrow for a couple of years now, and Halloween gave me the perfect excuse this year.  I decided to do a little less decorating outside since we have all of five trick-or-treaters on any given year, and I spent that time and energy decorating the inside of my home.  I do love Halloween, and there is something delightfully ominous about black birds.  I have a few fake ones that perch on my shelves near this print.  They look right at home.


True to their name, you can find numerous prints of every kindof black bird, including grackles and crows and ravens.  The variety is quite impressive, so be prepared to browse for a while.


And if prints of graveyards without birds are a little more your style, then there are plenty of those, too.  Some are spooky and some are just beautiful.  I am quite smitten with the above '3 Crosses.'  It is hauntingly beautiful, is it not?



GothiCrow even manages to make common dandelions look otherworldly.  I love the textures in this image.  I think they really play off the texture found naturally in the poof, and perhaps add a little darkness. 


But if you are looking for something a little more cheery and a little less spooky, then GothiCrow has some of that, too.  That is unless carnival images make you think of "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Happy Halloween, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog... I enjoyed it very much.. I have so many crows due to the bird lady that lives next door. They are annoying but can be beautiful when they don't make too much racket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these prints, too! I recently faved that shop. I love these slightly creepy birds and textured photographs.

    ReplyDelete