Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Friday


Happy Friday, everyone!  I hope you are all gearing up for a great weekend.  I'm off on an adventure of my own.  Today I drive up to Lander, WY for the opening reception of my first gallery show.  One of my self-portraits with books, "A Day On Cooper River," was chosen to be a part of the "As It Turns Out, I'm From..." exhibit at the Lander Art Center and I'm so excited to go and meet the other artists tonight and peruse the many galleries the town boasts this afternoon.

In the spirit of self-portraits, I thought I'd share a couple of shots I took when I was in Alaska, goofing off amid a sea of huge dandelions.  Those dandelions were making an impression on me (they are so pretty in Alaska, like a flower and not a weed) that I wanted to remember them.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely self portrait these photos are. I hope you had a wonderful time in Lander! What a fun experience to do your first gallery show.

    ReplyDelete