Thursday, October 28, 2010

Golden Aspens, Beetle Kill


Here are some more shots of the aspens turning gold.  You can see, esp. in the second shot, all the dead trees killed by bark beetles.  I didn't realize the area we were in was hit so hard.  Nothing kills them except a very long, sustained period of cold weather.   I wonder if last winter was harsh enough to do this.  I think not, though, as I saw one of these ugly beetles in person when we were camping near Laramie Peak this fall.  Not only do they kill our beloved forests, but they ugly up every shot I take.  Stupid beetles.

2 comments:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi victoria! i stumbled upon your sweet little blog and i couldn't help but hit the follow button! can't wait to follow your adventures in the future! xo - kate

    ReplyDelete