Monday, November 29, 2010

Elk Outtakes


Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  It was a holiday here in America, and it was so nice to spend a few extra days at home with my  husband.  I didn't take a single photo this weekend - sometimes I go a while without and that's ok by me - so I have some older shots to share with you this week.  Here are a few more of the elk in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.  the expression on that elk in the first shot just makes me laugh every time I see it.  If you look closely in the other two shots, it has the same sort of look, though it doesn't look nearly as goofy as it does in the first with its neck craned at that angle.

4 comments:

  1. It does look really goofy! I know the feeling of sometimes not having the need to take photos. It is usually followed by a really photo-intense time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome shots!
    How close were you?
    xo
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies!

    kristina - I am the same way.

    Andrea - I wasn't too close...maybe 200 yards? I had a long lens, and of course the car was nearby for a fast getaway, if neccessary. But they are very used to humans in Rocky Mtn. National Park.

    ReplyDelete