Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yellowstone Steam


These are some images I took a few years ago at Yellowstone National Park.  My husband and I drove across the state to visit the park the first weekend the roads were open in the spring.  Because there are fewer visitors and possible avalanches in the winter, many of the park's roads are closed for a few months out of the year.  We went in April, when everything was still covered in snow, and the cold weather made the steam from the hot springs particularly visible.  I think I didn't share these photos before because I was not happy with how much the steam obscured, but looking at these again, I quite like that about them. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, these are beautiful photos! It's interesting how our opinions on the product of our creativity can shift over time. That happens to me all the the time with my paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're absolutely dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete