Friday, January 7, 2011

Arrival in South Carolina


We drove another long, long day and arrived at my parents' house in South Carolina at 2:00 a.m, just as it began to rain.  It rained the entire next day and it was actually surprising to me.  I'd forgotten what 24 hours of nonstop rain was like, or that 24 hours of nonstop rain could even happen.  It is funny what feels foreign when you have lived away from where you grew up for long.  The riot of green in the middle of winter also felt foreign, but also exhilarating.  My heart skips a beat even just looking at these photos.  I do miss green.  Just look at all of it, in the middle of winter. 

1 comment:

  1. lovely & lush. and thanks for your support chez moi with the telephone debacle! enjoy the greenery, gotta be better than grey any day, linda...

    ReplyDelete