Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Look Back at 2010


Good morning, everyone.  I know I'm a few days late, but I still think 2010 deserves a look back.  I'm featuring some of my favorite shots from last year, and I am so thankful when I think of all that I have accomplished. 

2010 was the 'Year of Thinking Locally,' as far as my art goes.  I joined my local art guild and met lots of wonderful folks, and even joined them in opening a co-op gallery here in town, Gilchrist Gallery.  It felt so amazing to finally have a mortar-and-bricks location to sell my work.  Just before Christmas I also sent a few large pieces to the Global Arts gallery in Lander, Wyoming, and I also began selling my prints in my hometown of Moncks Corner, South Carolina, at Friar Tuck's.  I want to thank the proprietors of those fine establishments for helping me along in my career.

I also participated in my first craft show here in Wheatland, and a couple of very wonderful customers made that a success for me. 

Online I became more involved in my Etsy team, the Female Photographers of Etsy and was delighted to find so many like-minded women who are dedicated to helping each other navigate the online marketplace.  I also met so many wonderful folks online and even one in real life, Leah Yetter.  Thanks so much to all of you for letting me get to know you and for being so kind.  It warms my heart to think that such an anonymous place as the Internet can spawn wonderful friendships.

I continue to be astounded that anyone would want to look at my art, much less hang it on their walls, and the fulfillment that brings is hard to put into words.  I take photos for myself - of things that I am interested in - but that others find these things worthy of attention makes me feel like I am part of something bigger and that I have something to contribute to this world, and for that, I thank you all.  2010 was a great year and I feel like I came a long way, and I'm excited to see how much further I can go in 2011!  I wish you all much luck in your endeavors, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment