Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chugwater, Wyoming


Yesterday I drove down to Chugwater, the next town south of Wheatland, to take some photos.  It is a small town, of about 300.  I had only been here once before, during the annual Chili Cookoff, when it was a bustling center of activity.  Monday, however, it was pretty quiet, and I had forgotten it was a holiday for some.  But I was able to walk around without too many people looking at me funny, though it was quite cold not from the temperature but from the wind.  The stretch of road that goes past Chugwater has to be one of the windiest in the country, and yesterday was no exception. I managed to get there right after the snow had melted off and right before rain showers began.  Today, I expect, there were covered in a light layer of snow, as we were in Wheatland. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it does look really quiet! I love the second picture :)

    ReplyDelete