Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New In Shop: Book Love


Good morning, everyone!  I'm sorry I'm a little late in posting today, but I have a good excuse.  The power was out at my home when I woke up this morning, so I couldn't get on my computer.  Truth be told, it was all I could do to stay warm.  I heat my house with gas so my radiators were working, thank goodness, but I couldn't set my thermostat up from the 64 degrees it had been at when the power went off.  Since it was -25 degrees this morning, the house was pretty chilly.  In fact, the power has been on an hour now and the house is still struggling to warm up.  But it will soon, I'm sure.

I have some exciting news I'd like to share with you this morning.  You may remember these images I took of some of my beautiful books; they are among my favorites lately.  Well, they are finally available for sale in my shop.  I was nervous about asking the publisher permission to be able to sell these, but they were so kind and it is with their blessing that they are now available for purchase.

I will be shooting these books again when spring gets here, in hopes of adding both spring and summer images to the collection.  I am also working on several more book portraits like the first image, that will show some of the beautiful books in our personal library.  I have never put more thought into staged images than I am now doing, and it has been fun to really ponder how best to show the spirit of each volume.  I have some props to acquire, and then I'll be able to take the next one.  Wish me luck!  And stay warm!

4 comments:

  1. The first picture is the one that got me looking at your wonderful photos...I LOVE it. I am so in love with books and snow and mittens...It really spoke to me.
    So...Congrats!
    Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.
    I hope you are having a good week Victoria...
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we please figure out a way to make all of my books like that? My library would be too beautiful to touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just coming across this post--these pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan! I really appreciate it!

      Delete