Friday, February 4, 2011

Grand Teton's Peak


I was digging through some old files, trying to make way for some new images, when I came across a shot of Grand Teton I took a couple of years ago.  I liked the definition in the mountain, and the light, as well as the thin shroud of clouds near the peak.  What I didn't like, however, was the rest of the shot, but it had never occurred to me to crop it.  So here are two crops, and the original photo is below.  I'll need to try printing these out to see if there is enough clarity to offer them as prints - my first impression is that they are a bit soft.  Just looking at these has me itching to get back to the Tetons - they are so beautiful covered in snow. 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Tetons!!! It is such an incredible place. I also want to thank you for your kind words about my post. Things are challenging but we are remaining positive and it is helping. It is so nice to have friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like there is a face in the mountain...creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first crop. Looks beautiful! Also love those cool blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first crop, but I also really like the original- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if that's any help to you, but I really like the original :) Looks impressive and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete