Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving On


Happy Monday, everyone.  I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Today, I have some big news to share.  I can hardly even believe it myself, but my husband and I will be leaving Wyoming to move back to Pittsburgh, PA, in a few short months. 

My insides feel twisty-turny even as I type this.  I have always known that Wyoming was not the last stop on our journey, but I really never thought we'd leave so soon.  It has been four years and counting.  The first two years were hard.  I missed my family and my friends, and I missed green trees and sushi and I missed my job.  But then we found a house - not just any house - my dream house.  And I fell in love with my small little town, and began to thrive as a photographer on my own.  I began to appreciate the mountains, and the vast open spaces, and the laid back Western lifestyle.  I didn't adopt it all, but I found a comfortable place to be myself in Wyoming, and I found happiness. 

But there are two people in every relationship, and when I found out that my husband was growing unhappy at his work, we both knew a change was in the air.  He supports me as I work for myself and do what I need to do - photography - to satisfy my soul.  So as much as I do love it here in Wyoming, there was but one solution - to go where my husband can be happy every day and satisfy his soul through work.  A wonderful opportunity will take us back to Pittsburgh, where he can do the work he loves, testing and user interface for robotics, without the relentless stress that management brings.  I know that may sound backwards to some, since a lot of people work toward management as a goal, but in this household, we work toward happiness and satisfaction. 

It will be a few months before we move, though already the to-do list is growing long and I am already aware of experiencing things for the last time out here.  Time is short, but I am going to make the most of it.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria. Just finished reading your post and I am thrilled for you.Not sure though about distances because never been to US but if it makes your husband happier it will make you happy also so it will be a good thing. Life always have surprises for us and we should listen to our hearts and embrace changes if it's for the best.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is change, and home is where we make it. Wyoming is better for your time here, and PA is fortunate to retrieve you. Make the most of your last couple of months here! -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss you and your splendid photographs, Victoria. Feel free to send us some, no matter where your travels take you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are very ready and I am happy for you both! I hope you will find a wonderful home in Pittsburgh and keep us updated in photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of you, Vickie! And I love that you are moving back! I can't wait to see you and create tons of more happy memories as friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie, Beautiful picture of you. My first thought when I read this was of Bonnie & how happy she will be to have you back in Pgh. Hopefully on one of my trips home to visit--we can actually meet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a new adventure is on the horizon! I'll miss seeing wyoming through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. finally catching up on your blog and oh my i have missed a bunch! I'll look forward to seeing the change in your photographic journey, but my oh my was Wyoming beautiful! Good luck to both of you, and enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will miss seeing Wyoming through your eyes. It has been a wonderful reminder of a place I love. I hope you have a wonderful adventure. I have always felt a move is a good thing. I do so understand making a move for the happiness of your partner. Good Luck to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kindness, everyone. I will certainly miss sharing Wyo with you, but we have some time left :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have really brought this wild land into my eyes, I really don't know anyone who lives or has lived in Wyoming, and it's so vast and beautiful! But beauty can be found anywhere and you will continue your adventures and sharing with us...and make a new home...:) So excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear 'moving' and I get all nervous. It brings back memories of my childhood with each announcement by my parents of it happening yet again.... to my terror and sadness. It has such a profoundly negative connotation to me (which is partly why I have lived in the same place, now, for 22 yrs). So vast, the differences between WY and PA, but I am sure you will find happiness and success there as well. We're all along for the ride, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the heartfelt comment, smac. I didn't move much as a child, thank goodness, but as an adult, we average every 2 years! I was really feeling at home here, and I am sad to leave Wyoming, but I have lived in Pittsburgh before and I know it is somewhere I like, too.

    ReplyDelete