Friday, March 4, 2011

Cattle Trailing: Part II


My cattle trailing adventure began early in the morning.  I left town a few minutes after 7:00 a.m. and drove for half an hour through heavy mist to get to the ranch.  Though I couldn't see too far in front of me, I did spot a coyote running through a field before he disappeared into the fog. 

I met my friend, Leah, at the ranch house, and we loaded up our camera gear and snacks into the Rhino, a little two-seater ATV.  We spent some time scraping the ice off the windshield, though the temperatures were quite comfortable when you compare them to the negative temperatures we have frequently suffered this winter.  We were bundled up, though, ready for the wind to kick up.

Leah's cowboy hired two other fellows for the day to help move the cattle.  They mounted their horses and we were off, through the lifting mist, just up the road and over the bridge to where the unsuspecting cows were munching on a little morning grass.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place it must be. I wish I could be right there with the cattle, instead of seated at my desk in the office.
    Marvellous pictures Victoria.
    Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cattle training? Sounds, and looks, like an incredible experience. Your photos are so lovely.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your Photos V. :)

    I wish you well with your move. I'm sure you will be going around taking photos of everything and anyting to keep those precious moments from Wyoming. :)

    Have a lovely Sunday. T. :)

    btw this is T. from PhotosByChipperfield :)

    ReplyDelete