Monday, April 11, 2011

Return From Pittsburgh


Hi everyone!  I returned from my trip to Pittsburgh successful - we found a house, put in an offer, and it was accepted!  It's a pretty two-story home in O'hara.  This isn't it - this is just a photo of one of the brick buildings that populate the city's downtown.

The house will be ten minutes from my husband's office, but it feels like it is much farther from the city.  We will have almost an acre of land which I am sure the dogs will love, plenty of space for my husband's woodworking shop, and of course a studio for me.  There's even enough room for all our books.  Let's hope the home inspection doesn't turn up something crazy! 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I grew up in Pittsburgh and a part of me will always love that city.
    Good luck with the inspection!
    ~Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I've been falling down on the job in keeping up with your blog cos I had no clue y'all were moving to Pittsburgh! Yay! How exciting! Now you will have a whole new city/area to photograph so that others can live through your unique eye. :)
    Can't wait to meet Pittsburgh!
    By the way, since I read your whole blog that one week ;-P, I keep noticing old buildings. When I see one, I think "I wonder if Victoria would like that building?" Sometimes, I even wanna stop and try to get a photo of them, so you can have a view of old S.E. Texas buildings.
    Anyway--Thanks for your blog and the photos. Your photo of the Harry Potter, fog-induced, empty street is hanging in a special place in the living room and is my wall paper on the 'puter. :)
    I think I've written more than enough comment, yeah? Hope you have a great day! :)
    Loralee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    Natalia, I lived in Pittsburgh once before and I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to photographing it this time around.

    Loralee - Sorry I haven't been around your blog in a while - I have been missing out on everyone's stuff since I have been househunting. I would love to see your fav. Texas architecture :) And I'm so glad to hear that photo has a good home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Congrats! Keeping my fingers crossed that the home inspection goes well. T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Victoria!
    Hope everything's will turn out perfect for you.
    Nice to know that I will know Pittsburgh through your photos... :))))
    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. T and Sweet - thanks so much for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete