Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Babies Are Growing Up


The eight baby turkeys that walk across my yard daily are getting so big!  They are at least half the size of their mommas (the group is two hens with eight chicks) now.  Our fence installation was complete late last week, and it has been interesting to watch them adjust.  The hens fly over the fence, and most of the young ones follow, but every once in a while one can't remember how to fly, so it gets stuck inside our fence or left behind on the other side.  But, the hens are patient and always come back for the frantic young ones, and sooner or later they figure it out.  I thought they might just walk around the fence, as there is plenty of room behind it to cross the yard, but they refuse to alter their pattern and that is just fine with me.  I love to watch them.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet little face! I've got to catch up on what you've been up to in the last bit! Apparently, quite a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete