Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Allegheny National Forest


Despite the constant drizzle this weekend, Bri and I decided that we must get out of the house. We had been putting off a trip to check out the Allegheny National Forest for weeks now, waiting for perfect weather or to get things checked off our to-do lists. Yesterday, we took advantage of the holiday to finally just go.



It was beautiful.  The rain just made everything look even more lush.  I was hoping the rain would also chase away any other visitors, but the area was not as secluded as I had hoped.  We did, however, discover lots of cute little towns that dotted the forest that we will have to return to explore more thoroughly.


Still, the fresh air and gentle rain were just the refresher Bri and I needed after so many weeks of doing doing doing.  I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

  1. So Beautiful! I love the green! It's so dry and brown here. I'm sure you are loving...trees!! :-) So glad you and Brian got away. Patrick and I did too. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete