Monday, September 26, 2011

NEW IN SHOP: Season of Apples

"Apple Blossoms"

"Ripening Apple"


"Autumn Apples"

"Apple Harvest"

It is officially fall and I can feel it in the air.  The leaves are beginning to yellow and the mornings are crisp and cool.  That means apple season is nearly here!  When I had my own apple trees at our last home, this was one of my favorite times of year.  I had so much fun afternoon after afternoon photographing these trees, which produced the most delicious little apples.  When I was done every day with the camera, I would collect all the ones that had fallen to freeze and can them, and I made about every apple recipe I had on hand.  There is something really special about the urgency of a harvest, in making sure none of nature's bounty goes to waste.  I hope one day we will again have fruit trees of our own so we can experience this all over again. 

To celebrate the season, I am now offering these four prints in my shop that show these pretty little apples from blossom to harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment