Saturday, September 10, 2011

River View Alternative Processing


I have been trying to work out a way to digitally process my second-rate photos so as to salvage them.  Sometimes composition can be great, but there is nothing minor you can do to fix flat lighting, even in Photoshop.  This image is a good example (see original in previous post), and I spent yesterday working and reworking this image.  I came up with two versions that I liked, both heavily reworked in Photoshop.  I like them both for very different reasons.  Do you like the look of either of these? 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the first one. It has a dreamy surreal quality to it and I love those warm tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both! The first one is dreamy and a bit surreal, while the second one, (probably my favorite of the two) reminds me of the great painted colors found in the vintage postcard souvenir photography books.

    ReplyDelete