Monday, November 14, 2011

Sculpture at the Phipps Conservatory


Here are my last few photos from our visit to the Phipps Conservatory a few weeks ago.  Everything there was so beautiful, but my favorite sight was these sculptures by Hans Godo Frabel.  Their long lines are both whimsical and elegant at the same time, and they seem right at home among the dark water and hanging moss in this display. 



Also on display were several glass pieces by Dale Chihuly.  My sister and brother-in-law took me to see an exhibit of his in Virginia Beach when I was a teenager, and I fell in love with the color and form of his work.  Each piece seems to be a celebration of life, and never has this seemed more evident to me than when I saw them bursting from the gardens at the Phipps.

3 comments:

  1. I Love Chihuly :)

    Saw a show of his at the V&A in London 10 years ago, was incredible, I am constantly looking at the catalogue which I keep close to my reading chair :)

    I am constantly amazed by the beauty he creates and has taught others to go beyond.......

    Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.. that looks very interesting.. and what a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gawwwwd it makes me wanna go eeermm ugghhh mmmmm fa fa fa aiiiieee

    ReplyDelete