Friday, January 6, 2012

Best Photos of 2011


Well, here we are again, at the start of another year.  2011 went by so quickly for me, I think because there was just so much happening with our move from Wyoming to Pittsburgh, and also because I spent 9 months of it pregnant and had my first baby.  I barely had time to think about anything else.  Despite that, I managed to get some good photos, just not as many as I would have liked.  I made a real effort to take the photos of Wyoming that I had been thinking about before we left.  You'll notice there are a lot of cows in this year's selections...that's because there are SO many cows in Wyoming, and because I was lucky enough to go on a cattle drive at a friend's ranch.  That was really an incredible experience, and a lovely way to really celebrate my time in the West.  I also did my share of deer stalking, both in Wyoming and in Pennsylvania, as you can see.  I tried a few more self-portraits and of course found a few subjects for my macro lens to enjoy.  All in all I'm pretty happy with 2011, the parts of it that weren't a blur. 

I think this year will be about finding a new normal - new place, new house, new baby.  I won't be able to spend half of every day working on my photography, but I will be glad to spend it with Wyle, relearning how to live in the moment as she does.  I'm going to have to learn to be ok with reduced productivity in my photography.  It will equal out to being a productive mom, I know.  I think I'm going to have to learn how to be more flexible in my daily life as well.  I have always liked my own schedule, but I'm on Wyle's schedule, now.  So I guess my only New Year's Resolution is to go with the flow.  Whatever I get done, I get done (do you hear that, dirty dishes?) and whatever doesn't, doesn't.  May God grant me the peace of mind to accept that every day!

What does this year hold for you?  I hope it is everything you imagine it can be.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, congrats on baby :)

    Yep, if ever you learn anything quickly as a new Mom is that your life is not your own and won't be for a while but going with the flow and spending as much time as poss. with baby is the most essential, you are right. :)

    My "Baby" just left this morning to fly back to college believe me when I say the time goes quickly, enjoy every minute and have fun!

    I am so happy for you :)

    You have taken some beautiful photos thru 2011, I LOVED your series on the cattle. :)

    Happy New Year (well, happy new everything :) 2012 looks like a wonderful time for you :)

    Cheers, T.

    ReplyDelete