Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wyle - One Month Old


I am a little behind in posting these, from when Wyle was one month old on January 13th.  She was having a bit of a fussy day and I couldn't get her to relinquish the pacifier, but she looks pretty cute, nonetheless.  This beautiful blanket was made by a great aunt, and the hat and mittens were made by a dear friend.  Wyle is so lucky to have such beautiful things made by people who love her enough to spend the time creating for her.

I took these with the flash Brian gave me for Christmas, coupled with some natural light from a window.  I have never been very good at portraits, but I am going to get a lot of practice with Wyle, I can tell!  Both of these shots have a little bit of shadow that is bugging me, and I need to learn to look for these shadows when I am shooting.  They seem so obvious now, but in the moment all I could think about was getting Wyle to pose for me. 

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful!

    And I didn't even notice the shadows untiil you pointed them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlene! Btw I got Lucy in the mail the other day and I love it!

      Delete
  2. So cute! I want to slop her up with a biscuit!!!!
    Set your camera on shutter-priority and let the speed go about 30 or 40. Be steady and use the flash. You should see a big difference.
    But these are soooooo cute nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! :)

    Love the hand made items too!

    I think shadows add to the whole "Real" photo thing! :)

    Have a lovely Thursday, regards, T. :)

    ReplyDelete