Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reconsidered


I have been going through my old files lately, reworking a lot of photos that I had dismissed for various reasons.  This is one of those.  I think before I did not like that it was in the middle of the frame, but the other shots I took of it in different positions in the frame were awkward and I liked them even less.  When I came across this again today, I wondered why that bothered me so much.  Today I like it smack dab in the middle of the frame.  I am not sure what this building is for...it looks like a combination barn/garage/workspace but I always loved seeing it on the drive between Guernsey and Torrington out in Wyoming.

4 comments:

  1. A) I LOVE it. Mostly cos I love old buildings. They make me happy for some reason. I even have a series on my Original Photos album on FB (it's mixed in the the rest) that is called 'Superannuated.' ha! and B) I completely understand that feeling of happiness when you realize that something you dismissed before is really actually good. Your photos always make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearie! I know we bonded on our love of old buildings... I should visit your album. I am sorry I have been so lax about visiting your spaces! Forgive me.

      Delete
  2. This is one of the situations where it actually works to have it in the center of the frame. I think the rule of thirds still applies here, and it's made more interesting by the different surfaces of the building's facade. I LOVE the clouds too. I'm a nut about composition, and this is really beautifully balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's perfect. I agree with Heather. This building had to be in the centre. Love it. The whole image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete