Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wyle - Four Months Old


If you needed an update on "The Cuteness," well here it is.  Wyle is already four months old and has doubled in weight since we brought her home.  Everyone says how fast this happens, but even still, it is quite remarkable.  She learned to roll over this week and now every time I turn around she is on her belly.  She even likes to sleep on her belly, which I admit makes me worry, but my mom reminds me that's how they were advised to let babies sleep a generation ago.  I made it, and so did my husband, so I guess I will give up worrying over that. 

She is still as smiley and happy as ever, which makes me smiley and happy.  She is so observant now, studying pages in the books we read and taking in all the colors and shapes at the grocery store.  She also loves to look closely at the orchids at the botanical garden.  I think they are so bold in shape and color that they are attractive to her eye.  I can just see her absorbing all that information through her eyes and into her brain.  It is impossible to know exactly what she thinks of things, but I know there is a lot going on up there.

I remarked to my husband this week that I am glad we waited so long to have children.  I used to be uptight about a lot of things, but at 32, I have learned to go with the flow and to not just live in the moment, but to appreciate the moment.  I won't say I don't think about things I need to do and want to do, without wishing I had time to do them, but being able to let them go so I can enjoy what is at hand with Wyle is something I could not have done so well when I was younger.  I mean, look at that face.  It is difficult to look at that face and wish I were doing anything else but being with her.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! She looks like she has so much to say, behind those eyes, already :) You know, I still get uptight and overthink everything, at least once per month, but I agree about waiting. I think if I had been a stay at home momma 10 or 15 years ago, I would not be nearly as appreciative of the opportunity to do it.

    Hope you are getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca! I have learned how to nap during the day, so I am not lacking too much in sleep. Most days :)

      Delete
  2. She's beautiful! I still find it hard to let some things go and just go with the flow (without a baby). I'm 27 and think I need a few more years working and living to be ready for a baby, but I hope that I am as ready and relaxed as you are then! From blogreading I get the impression that people have children at a younger age in the US. 30-35 is the usual age to have children over here in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina! I still have my uptight moments, for sure, but they are fewer and farther between than I would have expected myself.

      Delete
    2. There are plenty of folks in the US that wait to have kids, but it does seem like most of my friends went before me. There is a huge perk to that - everyone's old baby stuff! They are all so excited to get it out of their homes!

      Delete
  3. you inspire me! I've always thought 32 was the perfect age (I've got a few months left lol) I've had a heck of a time trying to find balance as of late, but the baby fever is just so intoxicating! Wyle is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, inspire is a big word :) haha

      You've got plenty of time:)

      Delete