Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


I want to wish everyone out there a happy Mother's Day!  This year is very special since it is my first as a mother myself.  I can't even express what a joy my daughter is to me.  I've been a mom now for five months exactly, and it is still hard to put into words how special the whole experience is. 

I have been a daughter now for 32 years and again, I can't begin to tell you how wonderful my mother is.  She is the most amazing woman I know, for so many reasons.  This photo is of her holding Wyle, and it is one of my favorites.  I think grandparents must be so excited for grandchildren because they get to relive the miracle of their own children (without the sleeplessness and diapers).  I always knew my momma loved me, but I never understood just HOW MUCH she could love me until I had Wyle to love.  So thank you, momma, for giving me life and making it a beautiful one for me with all your wisdom and love.

8 comments:

  1. So sweet! Happy first Mothers Day Vickie! I'm so happy for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Vickie and this post is the best present I could ever hope for. You have brought tears of joy to my eyes. I miss you and wish we lived closer and that there were fewer milemarkes between us. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Mom. I wish we were closer, too. One day......

      Delete
  3. Your Mother's comment brought tears to my eyes...
    A big cry fest here on your blog!

    Happy first Mother's Day Vickie. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you, Andrea! I didn't mean to make everyone cry, but sometimes from-the-heart sentiments really do strike chords that deep. I know this year my emotions are a lot nearer the surface. And that's ok :)

      Delete
  4. It is so lovely to see your Mom holding Wyle and your words to each other are so beautiful :)

    I hope you had a lovely 1st Mother's day and so many more to come, they will all be special, esp. when Wyle can make cards of her own, it will melt your heart totally :)

    Have a lovely evening, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete