Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dark Stream


Hi everyone!  I hope you are enjoying the summer so far.  As always, it seems, there is a lot going on in our house, but I really just wish I was camping.  My grandpa was here a few days ago and of course I was reminded of our epic backwoods camping trip in the Sierra Nevada Mountains a few years ago.  This was one image from our trip that I could never get to look right - the extremes between dark and light were hard to reconcile.  But, I just worked it over again and I am liking the results better.  What really keeps me coming back to this image, despite its difficulties, are all the textures, from the rocky bank to the pine needles to the ripples in the water. 

2 comments:

  1. V,, it is a lovely shot because of the story it tells :)

    Such a beautiful area the Sierras are :)

    Hope baby Wyle is well and yourself of course :)

    Have a great evening, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, T. We are well! She is 6 months old and growing like a weed!

      Delete