Friday, June 29, 2012

Red-tailed Hawk


I was sitting outside early this morning, listening to the birds' cocaphanous symphony as dawn broke.  It made me remember seeing a hawk of some sort (it was a blur, really) swoop down and grab a little mouse out of my back yard last year.  I wish I had seen it better, but really it happened so quickly I wondered if it had really happened at all.  That memory made me have hawks on the brain this morning so I dug around until I found this old photo from a trip to the South Carolina Aquarium.  Not as good as the real thing in the wild, but she is a gorgeous creature, nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. I love hawks, they fascinate me too! and scare me, especially after watching "the wild parrots of telegraph hill" on line. You should check it out if you like parrots/ birds and their relationships with people. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just such majestic creatures :)

    We live near a freeway which runs between wild habitat and the beautiful Willamette river and these birds are circling all the time, haven't been able to capture one on camera to do them justice but to watch them everyday is amazing :)

    Love the shot and sweet words of your Dad :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete