Monday, July 2, 2012

Wyle - Six Months Old


It has been a while since you've seen Wyle, so I thought you were due for an update.  She is now six months old, and getting so big!  She will be crawling any day, and can manuever backwards already quite quickly.  I can leave the room for just a minute and come back to find her five feet from where I left her.  The days of letting her out of my sight are numbered! 

She is in the 50th percentile for weight but the 90th percentile for height.  That means she is wearing footie pajamas a size larger than she should because I can't cram her feet into the six-month sized ones. 

She is beginning to communicate with us.  She picked out her first book recently by deliberately grabbing it while I was reading a different book.  It wasn't what she wanted to hear but when I started reading the book she grabbed, she was quite attentive. 

The most exciting new development is that she began sleeping through the night this week!  I went to feed  her at midnight like I have been doing for the past three months, and she only drank a half an ounce and went back to sleep.  I couldn't rouse her, so I let her sleep.  I thought she'd wake back up in an hour, but I woke up at 7:45 when she awoke.  And so we don't do an evening feeding anymore, which means I can get to bed before 1:30 in the morning.  I have always been a night owl, but I am so excited to get to sleep early these days!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, received the two pictures of Wyle and Burrell. Thank you they are great. She is a real beauty. Glad she is finally sleeping thru the night that is a big one. Heard about the fun time great grandpa had at your house.

    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! I remember the first time my son slept 5 hours in a row. It was quite the shock! I thought there was something wrong with my watch. Hopefully the sleeping trend continues for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far so good! Yes, I was shocked when I woke up the next morning, still in my clothes from the night before. After I unsuccessfully tried to feed her I just sat in bed and fell asleep reading. I was so sure she was going to just get me up in an hour or so.

      Delete
  3. She's gorgeous!! Such a beautiful little girl. And I'm glad you get to sleep through the night again :)
    That's one reason I'm not sure if I should have kids...I am a real pain to be around when I'm tired, so I wouldn't want to be around myself on 6 months of not sleeping through the night ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina! You know, I was dreading the sleep deprivation, but it was not so bad. First off, I think your hormones or something must change because no way no how could I ever run on 6 hours of sleep before I had a child. I would be so tired I would feel drunk! But, honestly I have felt that way so rarely since she came along. I mean, yes, I have tired days, but never like before. The biggest help was my husband. He is an early bird and I am the opposite, so I would feed her at midnight and then he would get up with her at 5 in the morning before he went to work. So I have been getting pretty good sleep for a while :) There were really only 2 or 3 months where it was a drag, but she was so worth it!

      Delete
    2. That sounds good :) I guess it must be the hormones, provided by nature to help mothers in the first few months :)

      Delete
  4. What a little sweetie :)

    Isn't amazing how they know what they want so early :)

    Glad you are getting sleep :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful girl, Victoria! Oh my gosh, you are so blessed. And high five to getting a little more sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete