Wednesday, August 15, 2012

PA to SC Roadtrip - Finally in SC



It took three days and countless stops for fun and diaper changes, but we made it to Moncks Corner, S.C., where I am from and where my folks still live.  It was so nice to take the time to see the back roads and the treasures they hold.  It's not every trip that we can really savor the journey but I really hope we can do it more often and I urge you to, as well. 

This is the Tailrace Canal.  I took Wyle with me one morning to shoot.  She was in the stroller beside me, and gave me about 10 minutes before she had a nuclear meltdown, so my lens had not even had a chance to defog.  I know this photo looks like it is early in the morning, with beautiful mist, but I'd be a liar if I told you that tale.  Yep, that's what it looks like when your lens doesn't have time to adjust to the heat and humidity of a typical southern summer day.  All the years I lived in South Carolina I tried to avoid this, but maybe I have chilled out a little with age?  I think it's kinda pretty this way, even if it was an accident.

1 comment:

  1. It does look like a lovely, misty morning :) And very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete