Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wyle's Room


I have been meaning to photograph Wyle's room for about eight months now, but it always seemed to fall to the bottom of the to-do list.  I had been wanting to share it with y'all.  It is the only room in my house that is together, and I do love it so.  I hope Miss Wyle does, too.  There is a recent photo of our little bird.  If you look closely, you can see two bottom teeth!  They have been causing her (and us) some grief.  One came in right after the other with no break.  I do hope it is a while before the third makes an appearance.

But back to the room.  It is a little woodland wonderland!  I started with the three animal art prints from John. W. Golden, one of our favorite artists.  I had seen them a few years ago and knew I wanted them for my baby's room (long before we even began trying).  I guess I am good at prior planning.  When we moved into this house, I was three months pregnant, and my mom was up to help me with the house.  I wanted to get the baby's room done, but I didn't know whether we were having a boy or a girl, so we decided to go with a yellow that was bright and happy and that I knew I loved.  We have a great view of the yard and the woods from Wyle's windows, and I was so happy to see forest again after living in Wyoming that I decided to go with a woodland theme in the room.  I found the curtain fabric online after much searching for a woodsy pattern.  Brian picked out the crib and reworked the dresser and chest of drawers that had been left to us with the house.  Wyle's Nana lent us the rocking chair, and we bought the white end tables from a local furniture restorer.  I framed the bear family print I had also bought long ago from Zukzuk.  Then I had just one more thing to add - that huge tree decal we also bought from NouWall.  It was so easy to put up and really filled up the room and gave it the warm, foresty feeling we were going for.  I liked it so well I wanted trees in every room!

2 comments:

  1. The photos really capture the essence of her room!! Love them and especially her pulling up on the edge of the crib!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful room, so bright and Wyle has so much to enjoy. Don't be surprised if, one day, you hear her after she wakes up from a nap talking to her "Friends" in the room :)

    Love the colour yellow :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete