Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Carrie Blast Furnace


Here are the rest of my images from the shoot at the Carrie Blast Furnace site.  It was a grey day so I didn't shoot much outside, which is too bad because I had wanted a shot of the entire massive exterior.  But really, the wealth of visual interest inside the various rooms was the overwhelming part.  I could have shot for days.  And I may try to go again sometime.  I don't shoot much in the dark and was disappointed to find that even at 400 ISO my shots were very grainy.  Lesson learned.

What an amazing place to visit.  I will definitely go back for a tour.  I kept wishing I knew what I was looking at when I was there.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing shots V. :)

    I am an extremist when it comes to ISO, in the dark I shoot 3200 but I usually shoot with a 300mm lens and no tripod, so MOST of my shots are grainy but I LOVE that look :)

    Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, T. Wow, I don't think I have ever shot that high before. I should try it sometime just to see how it looks.

      Delete
  2. You are a marvelous photographer. You have a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relyn, you are so kind! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete