Friday, March 8, 2013

Hush of Morning Snow


We had a heavy overnight snow a couple of days ago and my husband was kind enough to wake me up and tell me to grab my camera and take a half hour outside.  I have been waiting all winter for a snow like this to occur on a weekend so I could leave the baby with Bri and go out.  But the timing just hasn't been right.  So it was so nice of him to give me that time during the week and go in to work a little later than normal.  Truth be told, he was probably excited to spend a few extra minutes with Wyle.  He has been working really long hours  for a few weeks now and I know he misses that cute little face!

But, back to the snow.  Those huge clumps of snow that weigh down the branches of the evergreens fall off so quickly once the sun is up, so you do really have to catch the snow early in the day for that look.  I am so pleased with how these turned out.  They really speak to the hush of the morning, the freshness of the snow before the dogs run through it and before it has a chance to slide off the branches.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing shots V. :)

    What a sweet Hubby you have to wake you up and give you a joyful, peaceful time to create and for him to create a joyful time with Wyle :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful!

    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    DzjieDzjee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say the wait was worth it. You got absolutely gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added your blog to my Pinterest board!

    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    DzjieDzjee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a board, Gert! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete