Monday, April 15, 2013

My Awesome Weekend of Amazing Relaxation


Hi all!  It is starting to look a lot like spring around here!  The flowers are starting to bloom, the sun is up past dinner, and there is no snow on top of the grass!  It was a great time of year to head down to Berkeley Springs, WV for a girls weekend with my best friend. 

We have been planning this trip for a while.  It was my first night (two nights, actually) away from Wyle.  Of course I missed her, but it has been 16 months since I was not thinking constantly about the responsibility of another human being's life.  The days are not really so dramatic, but truly I don't ever really relax knowing she could wake up at any moment or hurt herself trying out her climbing skills or by cramming too many Cheerios in her mouth at once.

So I enjoyed my two days at Cacapon State Park.  The weather was lovely at 65 degrees and the sun was out all weekend.  We slept in a lot (no sunrise photography this time), ate a lot (you can't get a bad meal in Berkeley Springs) and went for a soak and a massage at the natural springs the town is famous for.  It was the only town in the U.S. built specifically as a resort.  George Washington and his cronies were big fans. 

This shot is from Berkeley Springs State Park which is right in town.  I'll have more photos soon!  Until then, be well, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! West Virginia is a hidden Appalachian paradise in some ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThAnks, Maria. You are right about that. Though I was surprised to see how busy Cacapon Resort and Berkeley Springs were. A secret about such a lovely place doesn't stay that way for long.

      Delete
  2. So glad you got to have a lovely time away :)

    It is always hard to leave little one's behind but it is good to have some adult R.& R. :) T.

    ReplyDelete