Friday, May 10, 2013

The Salamander Trail


I have been trying to take Wyle on a hike once a week since the weather has improved.  There are lots of nice trails near the house, and we tried a new one a couple of weeks ago called the Salamander Trail.  It was lined with these beautiful yellow flowers and even though the trail parallels a busy road, it was a really lovely hike.  Though a word of warning: if you lay down in the flowers to take photos, beware of ticks.  This area is really infested with them and I got a couple of nasty bites.  I really hate them, too; they take months and months to go away and itch like crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! But lovely shots :)

    Are they part of the Buttercup family? :)

    Have a lovely Mother;s Day, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, T. I need to look it up.

      You have a great Mother's Day, too!

      Delete