Monday, July 8, 2013

New River Gorge


I have passed the visitor center for the New River Gorge National Park a few times now, on my travels to South Carolina.  This time, we decided to stop at this marvelous site located in West Virgina, and I urge you to stop, too, if you are nearby.  The view from the visitor's center was spectacular.  I took this shot from the deck there.  If it had not begun to pour rain (we were driving in the remnants of a tropical storm) we would have explored the trails to see what else we could see.  I am already looking forward to stopping here again someday - maybe for a weekend trip so we can more thoroughly explore.

1 comment:

  1. Word on the street (from my husband) is that there are a bunch of mountaintop campsites along the New River that give you an awesome view of the gorge. Definitely worth going back for a weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete