Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Autumn Glory




Now that it has snowed here (an inch or two, today), I am finally getting around to showing you some autumn photos!  I'm sorry I am so far behind but that is just how life is now.  In fact, these are photos I took LAST YEAR that I am just now getting around to processing.  That's right.  I'm more than a whole year behind.  I hate when my files stack up like this, but it is more important to get out and shoot and let the files languish on my hard drive than to not shoot and feel all caught up.  I am definitely pickier about what and when I shoot since my time is so limited, but even still, it is hard to keep up.  The ratio of shooting to processing time is quite vast.  I don't know if everyone realizes that.  To shoot digitally means that you can take hundreds of photos in minutes, and that can take hours to sort through.

Anyway, here is Pittsburgh in her autumn glory, if a little late.  I am glad I did go out and take these last year because a lot of rain really battered the pretty leaves from the trees this year and I spent a lot of time saddened that the foliage had thinned out so quickly this year.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi V.

    I have missed so much but it has been great catching up :)
    (I have been so MIA this summer )

    Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and your photos, as always, are amazing :)

    It is great for me to see your East Coast countryside (as I have only lived in the West :)

    I could totally relate to your dilemma about raising Wyle in a different location to you growing up (I was born and raised in England by Irish immigrants and I raised my Kids in America, talk about Gypsies, lol :)

    Anyway, I think you are so right about seeing that it doesn't have to be the same as yours to make it a good life for your child :)

    For me it has always been about unconditional Love and they really can't go wrong (fingers crossed, lol :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi T,

      So nice to hear from you. The summer has a way of keeping us off the Internet, I know. Nothing wrong with that! You are certainly in the same boat as far as raising children. But you are SO Much farther away. We're you able to take them over and were you able to instill a love for your homeland in them? I wonder if this is easier said than done. Neither way, you are right, unconditional love is what matters most.

      Delete
  2. HI V. :)

    We have only ever been to England once as a family, it is too expensive for 5 of us to go all together but as our "Kids" became High School age they were able to go by themselves and stay with family and friends and one of our sons went to University in England, (so I haven't been back in forever because I have been paying for them to go, lol, they know they owe me BIG TIME, lol :) so yes they are connected to the Mother land :) T.

    ReplyDelete