Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cacapon State Park - Beach Fun



The sandy beach was Wyle's absolute favorite part of Cacapon State Park.  I didn't even know a lake could have a sandy beach (I'm from the coast, so what can I say?).  The sand they use was beautiful and plentiful enough to make sandcastles, a high priority for Wyle.  We hit the Family Dollar and bought a bundle of buckets and molds and shovels and she was the happiest kid on the planet.  We also bought ice cream from the concession stand which fulfilled another of Wyle's dreams, as seen in a recent library book, Circle of Seasons.  Ice cream on the beach, sandcastles, splashing, and catching salamanders and tadpoles - I don't think she could have had more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a little slice of Heaven on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, Victoria. I highly recommend this place!

      Delete