Saturday, July 19, 2014

Oh, How I Love Hydrangeas


Hydrangeas evoke such a strong sense of place and time for me, pulling me back to my early childhood where the days seemed endless and everything seemed so much larger than life.  A row of hydrangeas ran across the side of our yard, always fully in bloom and dotted with butterflies in my mind.  I have long aspired to take a photo that really captured just how dear they are to me and finally, after many tries, I think I have one.  On a day when the sun was in full force, these lit from the back diffused the light into an image that my memory deems worthy.  Thanks to my sister-in-law for pointing out her beautiful hydrangeas hidden by the side of her house!  I hope one day the sight of hydrangeas will recall beautiful memories for you, too.

1 comment:

  1. An Amazing image V. :)

    Both your words and the photo evoke blissful memories of Summer :)

    I LOVE Hydrangeas too, they seemed to be everywhere in the Summer in England (except in out garden, no shrubs allowed I think, lol :)

    I have several in my garden now in full bloom but never have I taken such a beautiful shot of them like yours. :)

    Have a wonderful week, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete